NeBBLe House Rules
Clarifications for Bloodbowl rules ie. things not said clearly
in rulebooks, most are from JJ.
- A bomb, Stink bomb or Custard pie thrown into
crowd is wasted (or depends on how you define wasted...)
- Casualties caused by crowd or falling are not counted in
official casualties, but are counted as 'other casualties'. This includes
casualties caused to own team. SPP's are awarded if a player is directly
responsible (Wild Animal etc.). Domino casualties, however, are
counted as official casualties and are worth SPPs.
- Catch can be used on bounces and scatters
- Any 'simultaneous' dice throws must be done in successively
(even if the player has multiple sets of dice) and any rerolls must be
used dimmediately after each roll. This applies mainly to dodge and
going for it and multiple block. The order of any armour
rolls, injury rolls, dodge and going for it is determined by the
player who is doing the action.
- Diving tackle works only in opponent's turn, can only be
used once, and cannot be combined with dauntless, frenzy or
piling on. On the other hand, it works before any pick-up the ball
action, and if target is pushed back, the ball scatters. Moreover,
diving tackling a player into another player's diving tackle do not
allow a new diving tackle!
- An empty square includes a square with a nonpicked ball.
- Follow-up is a free move and does not entitle opponent to
use shadowing or diving tackle, and player can escape tentacles this
- Hypnotic Gaze cannot be used between stack of rolls.
Thus it cannot be used before a player tries to pick up the ball after
entering a square. Please also note that the player using the hypnotic
gaze must be active.
- Injury time played just after touchdown in last turn of
the match is useless for scoring team. Scoring team does not gain
extra blitz! (so hit opponent in your last turn and then play
injury time and score that TD)
- Inspired play makes player to succeed in everything during
- In kick-off, ball is placed before roll is made. In
addition, scatter (but not bounce) is rolled before quick snap or
blitz is conducted, but after perfect defense is set.
- If kicking team has no players to field, opponent automatically
gains a touchback. If offensive side has no players, other side must
still attack normally. They may still be too excited and cause
- Kidnap rival coach and robbed only 'steals' money
from match (gate, big match bonus, winning bonus), not money giving
- Leap and failed going for it drops player either into
starting square (first square failed) or ending square (second
- Magic hand of Jarkeld is used for automatic intercception,
but safe throw skill can then be used to cancel that intercept.
- A player with Movement allowance less than 3 must 'go for
it' in order to stand up. No other players than treemen must use those
- In Multiple block a player can give assist if it is
adjacent to any opponent player involved in block and not adjacent to
any other opponent player.
- If a team gains a new player during match and it already
has 16 players, the coach may add that new player to roster and during
next break kick away any player he wants to. This player kicked away
may still gain a MVP from that match, however.
- Piling On cannot be used if the player falls down, nor it
can be used with diving tackle.
- Pit trap causes loss of turn to defender if team carrying
the ball was offensive.
- Pro skill can be used during opponent's turn to reroll once
some roll that can be rerolled with skill. Such a roll can be
intercept, catch from bounce or dodge (if pass block tried). Note that
there is no skill rolls in diving tackle nor in any block or tackle.
- Prone player cannot do anything except stand up when
eligible. This includes assists in a block, foul or using hypnotic
gaze. Foul appearance does not affect others when the ugly player is
prone. Note that leader-reroll only requires that the player is in the
field. He may even be stunned!
- During push-back, if a player can only pushed to other
player, coach of that other player may choose where that player is
pushed back. Sidestep can be used normally. If the coach tries to push
player into a player with stand firm, the coach of that player
may prohibit that. If there is no eligible square, the pushed player
remains where he is. He is still treated as pushed back, however.
- Scutt's Deluge of Despair puolittaa myös going for itit, joten
ne on rajoitettu yhteen (kahteen pogo-stickilla)
- Skills cannot be combined into a same roll. This applies
mainly to injury and armor rolls, you do not add up bonuses from
piling on and mighty blow for armor roll, for instance. However, if
that armor roll is successful with piling on, you may add mighty blow
to injury roll... Moreover, coach may decline to use any skill,
excluding frenzy in the block and negative skills.
Little modifications for existing rules.
- Apothecary can be used on players injured in practise but
is then unavailable for the match. Apothecary cannot heal coaching
staff, nor heal players injured in pitch invasion or pushed into
crowd. Players that get a rock thrown at them may be healed as normal.
- During blitz (kick-off result), ball is still in air, and
will land at the end of blitzing coach's turn.
- Random play cards lasting 'until next touchdown is scored
or half ends' are modified to 'until next kick-off'. This means that
if kick-off is a riot or a pitch invasion, the effect ends
- Hypnotic Gaze can only be used by a player which is
active, just like passing the ball.
- Magic foot allows coach to set ball in any square
after kick-off is thrown. Ball will not scatter or bounce.
- Any action (blitz, pass and foul mainly) is declared at the time
it is used, not at the start of the player's movement.
- When passing the ball, first determine interceptors, then
roll for accurate pass. Unless the pass is fumbled, the player
designated to intercept the pass may now try to get it. If he fails,
possible miss/hit is then handled.
- Pass is fumbled if the unmodified roll is
1 plus number of opponent player's tackle zones the player is in.
Otherwise, it is either a hit or a miss. A roll of 6 always hits,
however, regardless of tackle zones. Please also note that Nerves
of Steel ignore those tackle zones. Moreover, the ball (or
bomb or stunty guy) now scatters 1, 2, 3 or 4 times according to
original range, not 3 times! Hail mary pass still scatters 3 times,
- Regeneration works only on 4+.
- If riot or pitch invasion is rolled from kick-off
table, a new kick-off takes place after it has resolved. This new
kick-off is conducter normally, so knocked out players may recover and
defense and offense is set again etc.
- Shadowing does work on tie, the shadower does not need to
beat the victim's roll.
- If star player roll is third stat raise, it is considered
as normal skill instead. Of course with roll 12 or 10 with 5+5 a
normal choice for any skill is available.
- Team re-rolls can only be used to reroll rolls possible to
reroll with pro skill (on own turn, including armor rolls,
injuries, hypnotic gaze etc.) and during own turn only. Thus you cannot
reroll event cards nor argues with a referee.
- Throw team-mate can be taken and used only by Big Guys, and
only stunty players can be thrown. If the big guy has ST less than 5,
the range is reduced by yet another range step, thus maximum range
being short pass. However, you can now aim at players, target
square can be an occupied one!
- Winner adds +2 to prize money. In a case of draw, both add
+1 (draw games are allowed unless noted otherwise).
- Wizard causes turnover only, if active player
carrying the ball is knocked over. In addition, a wizard cannot
cast lightning bolt-spell!
Completely new rules
See also extra rules section.
- Alchemist can, in addition to extra gold, produce one bomb
during a match. This bomb is thrown by an assistant (AG 2) from any
sideline at any time, and works otherwise exactly like standard bomb,
but always ignites. If the bomb is fumbled, it completely explodes in
the crowd. The bomb causes turnover as wizard fireball.
- An apothecarized player is moved to reserve box. If the
apothecary failed, the player is moved to appropriate dug-out
box, and to reserve box in a case of stunned result. However,
healing scroll is still used on field!
- Diving Tackle does not end movement of the player
blocked if the victim has skill stand firm and does not fall
over as a result of the block.
- Extra handicap is awarded as one extra card for each 50
points in team rating difference, starting with 4 cards for 151-200
difference. No extra extra MVPs are awarded.
- Fan factor is harder to raise when it goes higher. Apply -1
to roll for each 5 fan factor already possessed, starting from 10.
Fan factor losses for allies is added to fan factor, see
team may not lose fan factor, however, regardless of the die roll.
- Freebooters can be used in any match, even in play-offs
and finals. The full value of the freebooted player is added to
effective rating, not the cash paid.
In addition, used freebooter can be bought after the match
by paying the full price (we all know, where that MVP goes
otherwise...). If the team does not buy the freebooter, the other team
may then do it, if it can hire player of that kind. Otherwise, the
freebooter 'disappears'. Allied players can be freebooten, but the
team then loses fan factor as explained in the allied teams. However,
if the freebooter is hired after the match, fan factor do not drop for
the second time.
- Hobgoblins are stupid players. On a roll of '1' at the
start of the match they miss the first drive. Hobgoblins with
pro skill may try to reroll that, and if test succeeds, may be
fielded as normal but cannot do anything in their first turn as they
chuckle 'oh I waz soo clever'
- Team Rating for handicap is calculated without
players missing the entire match (known at the start of the handicap phase).
- Throw-inns can be intercepted, but not with pass block. No
experience is awarded from successful intercept. Use standard range
ruler to determine, which players can intercept.
- Value of each player is reducted by 1 for each permanent
injury he or she has, and increased by 1 if the player has magic
helmet. Likewise, the value of the possible secret weapon is added to
value of the player.