ReBBLe House Rules
Clarifications for Bloodbowl rules ie. things not said clearly
in rulebooks, most are from JJ.
- A bomb, Stink bomb or Custard pie thrown into
crowd is wasted (or depends on how you define wasted...)
- Casualties caused to own team members, or caused by crowd or
falling are not counted in official results.
- Catch can be used on bounces and scatters
- Diving tackle works only in opponent's turn, can only be
used once, and cannot be combined with dauntless, frenzy or
piling on. On the other hand, it works before any pick-up the ball
action, and if target is pushed back, the ball scatters.
- An empty square includes a square with a nonpicked ball.
- Follow-up is a free move and does not entitle opponent to
use shadowing or diving tackle, and player can escape tentacles this
- Hypnotic Gaze cannot be used between stack of rolls.
Thus it cannot be used before a player tries to pick up the ball after
entering a square. Please also note that the player using the hypnotic
gaze must be active.
- Injury time played just after touchdown in last turn of
the match is useless for scoring team. Scoring team does not gain
extra blitz! (so hit opponent in your last turn and then play
injury time and score that TD)
- Inspired play makes player to succeed in everything during
- In kick-off, ball is placed before roll is made. In
addition, scatter (but not bounce) is rolled before quick snap or
blitz is conducted, but after perfect defense is set.
- If kicking team has no players to field, opponent automatically
gains a touchback. If offensive side has no players, other side must
still attack normally. They may still be too excited and cause
- Kidnap rival coach and robbed only 'steals' money
from match (gate, big match bonus, winning bonus), not money giving
- Leap and failed going for it drops player either into
starting square (first square failed) or ending square (second
- Magic hand of Jarkeld is used for automatic intercception,
but safe throw skill can then be used to cancel that intercept.
- If a team gains a new player during match and it already
has 16 players, the coach may add that new player to roster and during
next break kick away any player he wants to. This plyaer kicked away
may still gain a MVP from that match, however.
- Piling On cannot be used if the player falls down, nor it
can be used with diving tackle.
- Pit trap causes loss of turn to defender if team carrying
the ball was offensive.
- Pro skill can be used during opponent's turn to reroll once
some roll that can be rerolled with skill. Such a roll can be
intercept, catch from bounce or dodge (if pass block tried). Note that
there is no skill rolls in diving tackle nor in any block or tackle.
- Prone player cannot do anything except stand up when
eligible. This includes assists in a block, foul or using hypnotic
gaze. Foul appearance does not affect others when the ugly player is
prone. Note that leader-reroll only requires that the player is in the
field. He may even be stunned!
- During push-back, if a player can only pushed to other
player, coach of that other player may choose where that player is
pushed back. Sidestep can be used normally. In addition, no player can
be pushed into player with stand firm, and if there is no
possible squares, player stays in square he started.
- Skills cannot be combined into a same roll. This applies
mainly to injury and armor rolls, you do not add up bonuses from
piling on and mighty blow for armor roll, for instance. However, if
that armor roll is successful with piling on, you may add mighty blow
to injury roll...
Little modifications for existing rules.
- Apothecary can be used on players injured in practise but
is then unavailable for the match. Apothecary cannot heal coaching
staff, nor heal players injured in pitch invasion or pushed into
crowd. Players that get a rock thrown at them may be healed as normal.
- During blitz (kick-off result), ball is still in air, and
will land at the end of blitzing coach's turn.
- Random play cards lasting 'until next touchdown is scored
or half ends' are modified to 'until next kick-off'. This means that
if kick-off is a riot or a pitch invasion, the effect ends
- Hypnotic Gaze can only be used by a player which is
active, just like passing the ball.
- Magic foot allows coach to set ball in any square
after kick-off is thrown. Ball will not scatter or bounce.
- Any action (blitz, pass and foul mainly) is declared at the time
it is used, not at the start of the player's movement.
- Pass is fumbled if the unmodified roll is
1 plus number of opponent player's tackle zones the player is in.
Otherwise, it is either a hit or a miss. A roll of 6 always hits,
however, regardless of tackle zones. Please also note that Nerves
of Steel ignore those tackle zones.
- Regeneration works only on 4+.
- If riot or pitch invasion is rolled from kick-off
table, a new kick-off takes place after it has resolved. This new
kick-off is conducter normally, so knocked out players may recover and
defense and offense is set again etc.
- If star player roll is third stat raise, it is considered
as normal skill instead. Of course with roll 12 or 10 with 5+5 a
normal choice for any skill is available.
- Team Rating for handicap is calculated without
players missing the entire match (known at the start of the handicap phase).
- Team re-rolls can only be used to reroll rolls possible to
reroll with pro skill (on own turn, including armor rolls,
injuries, hypnotic gaze etc.) and during own turn only. Thus you cannot
reroll event cards nor argues with a referee.
- Throw team-mate can be taken and used only by Big Guys, and
only stunty players can be thrown. Big Guy must have ST of 5 at
least, and if he has only ST 5 the range is reduced by
yet another range step, thus maximum range being short pass.
- Value of each player is reducted by 1 for each permanent
injury he or she has, and increased by 1 if the player has magic
helmet. Likewise, the value of the possible secret weapon is added to
value of the player.
- Winner adds +2 to prize money. In a case of draw, both add
+1 (draw games are allowed unless noted otherwise).
- Wizard causes turnover only, if active player
carrying the ball is knocked over. In addition, a wizard cannot
cast lightning bolt-spell!
Completely new rules
- Alchemist can, in addition to extra gold, produce one bomb
during a match. This bomb is thrown by an assistant (AG 2) from any
sideline at any time, and works otherwise exactly like standard bomb,
but always ignites. If the bomb is fumbled, it completely explodes in
- Teams may have allies, see separate
page for rules for them.
- Diving Tackle does not end movement of the player
blocked if the victim has skill stand firm and does not fall
over as a result of the block.
- Elf players dislike non-elves in allied teams. See
rules for allies.
- Extra handicap is awarded as one extra card for each 50
points in team rating difference, starting with 4 cards for 151-200
difference. No extra extra MVPs are awarded.
- Fan factor is harder to raise when it goes higher. Apply -1
to roll for each 5 fan factor already possessed, starting from 10.
Fan factor losses for allies is added to fan factor, see
team may not lose fan factor, however, regardless of the die roll.
- Foul is spotted if the armour roll is 14 or more. In
addition, the refree starts to keep an eye on team fouling, see
separate page for rules.
- Freebooters can be used in any match, even in play-offs
and finals. In addition, used freebooter can be bought after the match
by paying the full price (we all know, where that MVP goes
otherwise...). If the team does not buy the freebooter, the other team
may then do it, if it can hire player of that kind. Otherwise, the
- Hobgoblins are stupid players. On a roll of '1' at the
start of the match they miss the first drive. Hobgoblins with
pro skill may try to reroll that, and if test succeeds, may be
fielded as normal but cannot do anything in their first turn as they
chuckle 'oh I waz soo clever'
- Injury is handled so that modified roll of 10+ is now
followed by a second roll (which can never be rerolled).
See separate page for rules.
- Secret weapons can be taken as difficult skill
for linemen players. See
separate page for rules.
- Skills for players are not freely chosen anymore. In short,
4+ must be rolled to get certain skill, see
separate page for rules.
- Throw-inns can be intercepted, but not with pass block. No
experience is awarded from successful intercept. Use standard range
ruler to determine, which players can intercept.
- Vampire team is available, see separate
page for allies, new teams and big guys.