Blood Bowl Rules Errata and Clarifications
This errata and clarifications are from Bloow Bowl FAQ from WD 182
and from letters from Jervis Johnson, edited for more convient form.
These rules are all official.
- Team rerolls can only be used on your own turn, and not for kick-off
table or recovery rolls (K'O, regeneration)
- Prone players do not have tackle zone.
- Foul can be assisted even while in opponent's tackle zone.
- K'O'ed player can try to recover before every kick-off.
- If the Head Coach is killed, he cannot argue the call for the rest
of the match and Undead team cannot use Raise Dead spell nor regenerate.
Coach is replaced before next match.
- If player is pushed off the field and becomes casualty, the pusher
gains 2 SPPs. The ball is thrown back normally if the player was holding
- If the kick-off ball bounces off the field, the receiving team gets
- If a player fails a dodge and is knocked over and injured, the
tackler do not gain SPPs.
- Niggling injuries are permanent.
- If a standing player is pushed to square containing the ball, it
scatters one square.
- Knocked over players must always make an armour roll unless stated
- You must declare your action before starting it, like blitzing
(From letter from Jervis)Note: This ruling is REVERSED in
- Illegal procedure can be called as long as player does anything
game mechanics before moving the down marker. (From letter from Jervis).
- Apothecaries cannot save players from crowd injuries. JJ
- Throw-inns can be intercepted. Both teams may make one try, but
no SPPs are awarded for successful interception. JJ/GWUK
- During kick-off blitz, the ball drops down and possible touchback
is handled before actual blitz move-Kalle
- Player carrying the ball cannot catch anything else-Kalle
- Only one skill can be used to modify each die roll.
- You never have to use a skill, but it is assumed that is is unless
said otherwise by the coach (From letter from Jervis).
- Players with frenzy skill can move extra squares while
blocking, but is not forced to do it.
- Frenzy skill is used only with block, not with special
attacks like chainsaw.
- If frenzy is used against player with stand firm
skill and push back result is gotten, the player carries on blocking
even when opponent is not pushed back.
- Mighty blow is used only in block if opponent is not pushed
out of bounds.
- Diving tackle skill can only be used once per opposing team
turn. Diving tackle may be used on a player leaping to tackler's tackle
zone (From letter from Jervis).
- Hypnotized player may assist a block, but note that they do
not have a tackle zone.
- Horns apply to all attacks during frenzied blitz.
- When throw team-mate is used, turnover happens only
if the thrown player was holding the ball and falls over
(From letter from Jervis).
- A player may not be pushed back into a square occupied by player
with stand firm.GWUK
- Shadowing may be tried after opponent has dodged away
- Nerves of Steel does not help when player tries to pick up
- Pro skill can only be used during your own team
- Jump Up, Dauntless and Piling On can
only be used during own team turn.-Kalle
Back to Blood Bowl main page